What is shellmon.exe? Is shellmon.exe spyware or a virus?
How to fix shellmon.exe related problems?
1. Run Security Task Manager to check your shellmon process
2. Run Windows Repair Tool to repair shellmon.exe related Windows Errors
3. Run MalwareBytes to remove persistent malware
shellmon.exe is installed as part of America Online ISP and with the free AOL client 8.0 and upwards. It works in the background of aolware.exe or aolsoftware.exe depending on the version of the installed AOL client.
If you want a detailed security rating about your shellmon.exe (and all other running background processes) read the following user opinions, and download the free trial version of Security Task Manager.
Note: Any malware can be named anything - so you should check where the files of the running processes are located on your disk. If a "non-Microsoft" .exe file is located in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder, then there is a high risk for a virus, spyware, trojan or worm infection! Check it out!
Average user rating of shellmon.exe: based on 9 votes. Read also the 12 reviews.
552 users ask for this file. One user rated it as not dangerous. 3 users rated it as neutral. 4 users rated it as little bit dangerous. One user rated it as dangerous. 5 users didn't rate it ("don't know").
More process information
Is shellmon.exe spyware or a virus, trojans, adware or worm? Is there a known shellmon.exe error?
- Discussion boards
- Search for spyware
- MalwareBytes (spyware removal)
- SpeedUpMyPC (cleans, repairs and optimizes your computer)
- Security Task Manager (understand what's running on your computer)