What is SearchProtocolHost.exe? Is SearchProtocolHost.exe spyware or a virus?
How to fix SearchProtocolHost.exe related problems?
1. Run Security Task Manager to check your SearchProtocolHost process
2. Run SpeedUpMyPC to fix related speed issues
3. Run Spyware Doctor to remove persistent malware
Process name: Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host
Company: Microsoft (www.microsoft.com)
If you want a detailed security rating about your SearchProtocolHost.exe (and all other running background processes) read the following user opinions, and download the free trial version of Security Task Manager.
Note: Any malware can be named anything - so you should check where the files of the running processes are located on your disk. If a "non-Microsoft" .exe file is located in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder, then there is a high risk for a virus, spyware, trojan or worm infection! Check it out!
Average user rating of SearchProtocolHost.exe: based on 31 votes. Read also the 16 reviews.
1050 users ask for this file. 6 users rated it as not dangerous. 3 users rated it as not so dangerous. 4 users rated it as neutral. 7 users rated it as little bit dangerous. 11 users rated it as dangerous. 2 users didn't rate it ("don't know").
More process information
Is SearchProtocolHost.exe spyware or a virus, trojans, adware or worm? Is there a known SearchProtocolHost.exe error?
- Discussion boards
- Search for spyware
- Spyware Doctor (spyware removal)
- SpeedUpMyPC (cleans, repairs and optimizes your computer)
- Security Task Manager (understand what's running on your computer)