What is pinger.exe? Is pinger.exe spyware or a virus?
How to fix pinger.exe related problems?
1. Run Security Task Manager to check your pinger process
2. Run Windows Repair Tool to repair pinger.exe related Windows Errors
3. Run MalwareBytes to remove persistent malware
pinger.exe is installed and used on laptops from Toshiba. This program regularly checks for software updates for any software installed by Toshiba. If you do not wish to make use of this auto-check software, you may safely stop and remove it from your computer.
If you want a detailed security rating about your pinger.exe (and all other running background processes) read the following user opinions, and download the free trial version of Security Task Manager.
Note: Any malware can be named anything - so you should check where the files of the running processes are located on your disk. If a "non-Microsoft" .exe file is located in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder, then there is a high risk for a virus, spyware, trojan or worm infection! Check it out!
Average user rating of pinger.exe: based on 19 votes. Read also the 16 reviews.
449 users ask for this file. 12 users rated it as not dangerous. 3 users rated it as not so dangerous. 3 users rated it as neutral. One user rated it as little bit dangerous. 3 users didn't rate it ("don't know").
More process information
Is pinger.exe spyware or a virus, trojans, adware or worm? Is there a known pinger.exe error?
- Discussion boards
- Search for spyware
- MalwareBytes (spyware removal)
- SpeedUpMyPC (cleans, repairs and optimizes your computer)
- Security Task Manager (understand what's running on your computer)