What is mcdetect.exe? Is mcdetect.exe spyware or a virus?
How to fix mcdetect.exe related problems?
1. Run Security Task Manager to check your mcdetect process
2. Run Windows Repair Tool to repair mcdetect.exe related Windows Errors
3. Run MalwareBytes to remove persistent malware
Process name: McAfee WSC Integration Service
Company: McAfee (www.mcafee.com)
mcdetect.exe is part of the McAfee Security Suite software. It is an essential part of your anti-virus software and should not be removed. Removing this program will cause your anti-virus program to stop working.
If you want a detailed security rating about your mcdetect.exe (and all other running background processes) read the following user opinions, and download the free trial version of Security Task Manager.
Note: Any malware can be named anything - so you should check where the files of the running processes are located on your disk. If a "non-Microsoft" .exe file is located in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder, then there is a high risk for a virus, spyware, trojan or worm infection! Check it out!
Average user rating of mcdetect.exe: based on 4 votes. Read also the 6 reviews.
294 users ask for this file. 2 users rated it as not dangerous. One user rated it as neutral. One user rated it as dangerous. 2 users didn't rate it ("don't know").
More process information
Is mcdetect.exe spyware or a virus, trojans, adware or worm? Is there a known mcdetect.exe error?
- Discussion boards
- Search for spyware
- MalwareBytes (spyware removal)
- SpeedUpMyPC (cleans, repairs and optimizes your computer)
- Security Task Manager (understand what's running on your computer)